My favorite session from Day 1 of SES Chicago was Igniting Viral Campaigns
Chris Winfield, of 10e20, started off the session discussing “How can social media ignite your viral marketing campaign?”
Chris discussed the differences and opportunities with various online avenues:
- Forums (example: rankings.bigboards.com)
- Social Networking / Bookmarking (Digg, StumbleUpon)
Ideas for Good Content:
- How To’s
- Tools and Calculators
- Badges / widgets
Chris was followed by Fionn Downhill, CEO & President Elixir Interactive.
Fionn explained that viral marketing is not expensive.
- The basic elements of Viral Marketing
- Give Away Items
- Effortless transfer to others
- Scales Easily
- Exploits Common Motivations
- Utilize Existing Communication
- Takes Advantage of other’s reasoning.
Tools like AddThis.com and TubeMogul.com are good ways to get started.
Jennifer Laycock, of Editor-in-Chief Search Engine Guide, spoke last. As always, Jennifer had some great viral success stories to share with the group.
3 Commandments of Viral Marketing
Subscribe by Email