True benefits of live streaming your events
Most video on the web is there for the long term … to be viewed, and reviewed, time and time again (at least that’s what marketeers aim for) and there are lots of great reasons to follow that path. Some types of video content however lend themselves to a very different approach – Live Streaming of your Event!
In the third of his Video Masterclass series, created especially for us here at WAW, Andy Havard of Skeleton Productions challenges you to consider live internet broadcasts of an event (meeting, seminar, masterclass, concert…..).
So what are the potential benefits of live event video streaming ?
- Worldwide stage: Take your event from a local stage to an audience without physical boundary,
- Urgency: Live means “now” or it’s gone…. create a sense of tension,
- Encourage Interaction: Niche, Curiousity, Hype – use all the channels at your disposal to create interest ahead of the event … and after the event provide the platform for users/viewers to interact and feedback,
- Revenue Opportunities: If you charge to access the physical event – is there an opportunity to charge for access to the virtual event?
- Be Different: Stand out from the crowd
To state the obvious … before you can consider live streaming an event you need an event! Events however do not always have to take the more obvious forms … be creative.
In advance of any live internet based event there is work to be done building interest and creating anticipation; however if you have a growing database and/or social following maybe this is just what you need to spice up the level of engagement?
We’d love to hear your thoughts and previous experiences with streaming live events, please share your knowledge and opinions in the comments section below.