Web Analytics sits at the heart of all internet marketing activity. Whilst analysis of website traffic data is a central component of the role, a web analytic pro should also be looking at monitoring, measuring and proactively influencing, improving and adapting all areas of online marketing such as:-
- Input into creation of key measurement metrics in line with business objectives. Technically setting up mechanism to measure and report on these metrics
- Paid online marketing campaigns: Monitor campaigns, measure effectiveness, find out what works, split test keywords used in campaigns, marketing messages, social campaigns etc and identify best converting and most cost effective ads
- Organic SEO measurement – report back on keyword effectiveness. Which keywords are generating traffic but also how is that traffic performing in terms of visitor engagement, conversion to goals etc
- Analyse all website behaviour and identify problems in site structure that may be preventing maximum visitor engagement and goal conversions
- Analyse email marketing campaigns and proactively work with marketing team to maximise effectiveness of these campaigns according to user engagement, key goal conversions etc.
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to analyse Social media presence and activity (and that of competitors). Using appropriate analytics advertising reports, identify tactics which increase engagement, find industry influencers, report on social traffic referral etc