We like to describe Web Analytics Managers as “the key players in the extraction and presentation of effective information from raw data”.
We all know that there is no shortage of data arising from the internet however Web Analytics Managers must use their technical skills, understanding of the business, and knowledge of the needs of the customers of the business, to prepare and present information that forms the basis of key decisions i.e. they must be able to pull valuable information from the raw data.
Many might think analytics is a kind of “back office” role – we would disagree. Effective Web Analytics managers, especially those with good presentation skills, should have many opportunities to play a star role.
Web Analytics Manager Salary levels
Check out live positions using the search box below for Web Analytics Jobs pay and salary rates and other details.
What does a Web Analytics Manager do?
- Prepares useful information that drives effective decisions from the mass of data
- Presents information well in all formats – written, verbal and using new media tools
- Uses their analytical and mathematical approach to a problem to ensure rigour and accuracy (e.g. comfortable with concepts of significance, mathematical trending, modelling)
- Knows how to use the best base tools (e.g. advanced Excel, use of relational databases such as mysql) as well as packaged tools such as Google analytics , Omniture etc
- Enthusiastically researches the Analytics discipline, reading, networking, researching in order to stay at the top of their game.
Job seekers: Use the “Search” link in the job box to the right
Employers: To place a Job Advert click “Post a Job” in the job box to the right