Social media is proving to be a challenging area for many organizations. For every success story we hear there are also examples of missed opportunity and even costly mistakes. The internet world has gone “social crazy” and the pace of development is unlikely to slow.
For social media marketing professionals this is an ever changing landscape that requires not just a genuine interest in social market “buzz”, developments and tools – but also a firm focus on organizational goals, beliefs and targets.
Jobs in Social Media
What is a social media manager and what are the typical job titles? e.g.
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Community Manager or Strategist
- Social Media Intern
Social Media Job Description
Typical duties and responsibilities might include:-
- Responsibility for management of social media presence on all relevant platforms
- Close liason with other parts of the organization to help “intergrate and educate” on social effort
- Research and present new ideas and a business case focussed on the organization’s targets
- Monitor and present relevant data, trends, successes, exceptions etc
- Work closely with the website development team and corporate communications
- Enthusiasm tempered with realism !