How to write a Job Description for an Affiliate Manager
For serious online retailers, Affiliate Marketing plays a huge role in helping reach new customers and in brand building via the web. A job description for an Affiliate Manager centers very much around the ability to find partners and forge strong relationships.
Typical Responsibilities of an Affiliate Manager
- Work with the top performing affiliates helping them to maximise their own earnings and incentivize them to deliver more (help with campaigns, offer promotions, “creatives” etc)
- Find new top level affiliates with high levels of relevant traffic, targeted mailing lists etc. Negotiate bespoke commercial deals with high-end Affiliates
- Analyze affiliate performance and develop key metrics and report back to senior management on performance
- Organize promotions for events, product launches, specials offers etc and disseminate relevant information to Affiliates
- Work with key Affiliate Networks to maximise reach and promotion of Affiliate Programmes.
- Excellent web etiquette as well as strong online and offline social skills are required. The capability to work across varying time zones and cultures is also beneficial
- Liaise with the web team to ensure all efforts maximise overall strategy and global objectives (such as building effective back links through affiliate marketing, content placement, social reach maximization etc.)