How to write a Job description for a PPC Specialist
Paid online marketing strategy has always been a huge part of the picture when it comes to Internet Marketing . With recent developments in the sophistication of paid online marketing tactics (e.g. techniques such as “behaviours based targeting”, retargeting etc), the skills set and knowledge requirements of a PPC specialist has expanded dramatically. Really good PPC now requires a mix of the creative and the scientific.
Typical Responsibilities of a PPC Specialist
- To create and manage PPC campaigns using multiple networks – e.g. Google Adwords, Bing
- Create & manage social media paid campaigns through social media e.g. Facebook ads platform
- Explore, test and select a range of paid advertising mechanisms – PPC, PPV, CPA, banners, rich content ads ,video ads etc
- Conduct extensive keyword research, analyze & test keyword performance across multiple channels with multiple campaigns
- Analysze and test different “creatives”, different ad copy across different networks
- Analyze and test “behaviours based marketing” techniques, retargeting techniques and help develop a paid strategy which maximizes on the latest targeting technologies.
- Work with web team and marketing team to ensure creatives are in line with global branding,
- Work with marketing & web team to ensure all activity is complementary e.g. landing page maximization, creatives match corporate branding… and harness the creative power of marketing to help with campaigns etc
- Landing page testing, split testing, tweaking and optimization to deliver best possible click through and conversion rates.
- Landing page optimization to ensure high quality score on Google Adwords.
- Key Analytics & Performance reporting to management