How to write a Job Description for a PPC Strategist
As the nature of the web is changing, social networks and search engines are becoming increasingly sophisticated. A result of the evolution of the web means that it is now possible to research a market, identify your target audience and target your audience with key messaging. These capabilities relate directly to PPC strategy:- the ability to make paid marketing decisions based on real data and the ability to perpetually improve on PPC success through creative approaches, testing, blending techniques, using new targeting technology & analysing everything!
Typical Responsibilities of a PPC Strategist
- Ensure all PPC campaigns delivered via multiple networks are being managed (Analyze results, adapt to maximise, monitor and adjust budgets etc)
- Analyze all data, identify key findings and relate these to business objectives (more sales, email sign ups, social follows, user engagement, customer gold met etc)
- Report key metrics and related business conclusions to senior management
- Ensure the latest paid on line methods are being used (such as advanced “behaviour based” targeting, and retargeting) to ensure a range of paid options are being tested (e.g.PPC, PPV, CPA, banners)
- Execute smart media buys in line with business objectives to maximize on online spend budgets
- Ensure that a perpetual keyword research strategy is in place and continue to test new keywords, use trending tools to predict new commercial search patterns and keywords and look for opportunities to maximize on this.
- Work closely with marketing to ensure strategic marketing objectives are aligned with all paid online marketing activity
- Work with IT and Web Teams to ensure technology is in place to deliver, capture and ensure success of all key aspects – landing pages, tracking codes, analytics integrations etc