SEO Specialist Job Description (Search Engine Optimization)
Search Engine Optimization has changed dramatically in recent years. Whilst the technicalities of seo, when it comes to keywords and website optimization, remain largely unchanged, there are now additional skills required for effective seo. Good marketing ability is now a fundamental part of what SEO is about . The reality is that SEO has become much more of a marketing role than a technical role. However while the marketing skills and knowledge are important the ability to translate these skills to the web and deliver effective online campaigns does require a mix of skills from creative copywriting to marketing, analytics and some “bang up to date web know-how”.
Fundamental to any SEO execution is a strategic understanding of business and marketing objectives. For this reason any SEO job spec should have a company overview section with details on strategy and objectives, marketing and sales objectives and online marketing strategy.
Duties and responsibilities of an SEO Specialist
- Understanding of how wider online marketing strategy relates to SEO and organic search engine rankings
- Conduct keyword research and onsite SEO optimization
- Ability to write and edit content to ensure it’s SEO friendly
- Place SEO friendly content around the web in relevant places and build authority back-links
- Keep up to date with changes in search engine rankings, social network changes, Google algorithm updates etc
- Use Analytics to track keyword rankings and other key metrics