How to write a Job description for a Social Media Community Manager
Social media is a key driver of change on the Internet. It’s dramatically changing the way people communicate online and not just with friends and family but with the companies they use, the way they shop, how they research products and services and so on.
Any job description within social media (and in online marketing in general) requires a company description up front with information about the business objectives in marketing, online marketing as well as the desired social media objectives.
Duties and responsibilities of a Social Media Community Manager:-
- An appreciation of the overall marketing objectives of the business & how this relates to online marketing activity and social marketing activity
- Strategic understanding & management of social media presences online and responsibility for hands on deliver of social media marketing activity aligned with strategy
- Responsibility for hands on interaction within social media sites such as facebook, twitter etc
- Ensure all social engagement activity supports the wider online objectives e.g. maximise back link placement, seo best practice, keyword placement etc
- Ability to write content & copy real time within social media environments that stimulates users to interact and contribute themselves
- Apply appropriate knowledge of web and social media etiquette to create commercial interest through social media sites without directly selling
- Use Social Analytics tools to monitor key analytics, trends etc test tactics, find out what works well and build and refine best practice
- Maintain close contact with other key areas of the business to ensure that all social media activity is complementary and in line with wider marketing objectives
- Respond fast to changes in social networks – adapt to maximise on new opportunities and be aware or dangers and threats, manage any bad reaction through social media
- Monitor and present relevant data, trends, analytics, KPI’s associated with social media sites and social marketing activities