Social media for many organisations is proving to be a tremendous opportunity to reach out to, and interact with, their user community however not all organisations will benefit. A clear social strategy is required.
Pace of development is likely to remain very high and this will prove an exciting challenge for social media marketing professionals. Clear understanding of organisational goals and targets will be very important.
Social Media UK Job opportunities
There are many job titles associated with social media management e.g.
- Coordinator or Assistant
- Social Media Director
- Social Media Strategist
Job Description for a Social Media Manager
Responsibilities may include:-
- Day to day management of social presence on the organisation’s various platforms
- Working closely with all facets of the organisation – educating and updating on social strategy
- Present new initiatives backed up by a carefully considered business case
- Reporting on trends, performance indicators etc
- Close working with diverse parts of the organisation e.g. marketing department and website development teams
- A realistic, yet enthusiastic, outlook !