How to write a Job Description for an ECommerce Manager
To manage the ecommerce side of any business first requires a complete understanding of the business both from an operational perspective and from a strategic perspective. For this reason when writing a job description for an E Commerce Manager it is important to give as much information as possible on company backgrounds, sector, key target markets, growth strategy etc.
Typical Job Responsibilities of an E Commerce Manager
- Deliver the strategy through development of an execution plan, the allocation of resources, spend, staff, suppliers and the effective management of staff and suppliers.
- Understanding of the market online – Key demographics of target customers, what does their online footprint look like?, sites they visit, where they shop, buying habits etc
- Understand the importance of a rolling content plan for off site marketing & resource required to deliver this
- Real understanding of the online strategy – Traffic, conversations, sales, customers subscriptions, lifetime value of customer etc
- “Big picture” understanding of traffic – demographic targets, search engine traffic, paid online traffic, media buying, affiliate marketing strategy etc.
- Interpretation of key analytics & interpretation of important data, making key decisions based on data – strategy, resource allocation, spend etc
- Financial planning – understand how all of the above directly impacts on the financials
- Understanding customer experience and online customer conversion. Ensure an engaging customer experience is delivered online and maximise sales through constantly working to improving conversion rates
- Understand the importance of list marketing (email lists, social lists etc). Maximise conversion rates and sales through list marketing.