How to write a Job Description for a Social Media Strategist
Any job descriptions in the Internet Marketing arena really need to begin with some background information on the company looking to hire and the overall objectives they would like to achieve online. This is absolutely the case with social media as there are sector specific tools, techniques and even skill sets associated with social media marketing within different business sectors.
The internet is changing by the day and social media is having a huge impact on the way the web is being used. The dynamic rate of change is affecting online user behaviours, online buying patterns and motivations, referral based activity and so on. This represents an area of opportunity and also risk for businesses who are serious about their online efforts.
Depending on the size of the company the social media manager may be directly involved in social marketing activity or take a more hands off approach, instead coordinating the efforts of a team, a supply base and a toolkit ensuring that strategic social media objectives are being met.
Social Media Strategist Key responsibilities
- Aligning strategic social media goals with activity based social marketing, resource allocation & budget spend
- Overall management of Social media Presences (Facebook Fan pages, Twitter Accounts etc)
- Brand monitoring – look out for opportunities & threats across the wider web
- Toolkit Selection, set up and implementation to monitor, alert & report on companies social media activity, trends etc
- Managing key relevant contracts external suppliers – App developers, social analytics supplier etc
- Managing a team of social media content contributors – community managers, content writers
- Managing delivery of off-site social media marketing – interaction on other companies social media properties, blogs, forums etc
- Liaise with wider business leaders/functions & ensure coherent integration
- Liaise with IT/web team to deliver integration & functionality required to deliver a joined up approach to Internet mMarketing, ensure seo, back link authority etc is maximised
- Monitor and present relevant data, trends, successes, exceptions, threats, changes in social sites etc