SEM Analyst (Search Engine Marketing)
Any job description within the Online Marketing world needs to include some background information on the business, the sector and the marketplace it operates within. Some detail on the high level strategic objectives is also important. Additional specific information on the online strategy or plans for online development can also be very helpful in helping to attract the right sort of talent.
Typically the role of an SEM Analyst would involve data analysis around web traffic and all elements of online marketing, incorporating campaign tracking monitoring, search analytics, social analytics, paid marketing analytics etc. The role requires a higher level understanding of business strategic objectives, as well as the ability to set targets, create KPI’s and set up the mechanisms to measure multiple campaigns across many online channels. Interpretation of the data and the ability draw meaningful commercial conclusions from this data is key. Presentation back to senior management is usually also a key requirement of a SEM Analyst.
Social Media Manager Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand online strategy and how this breaks down into multi channel web marketing elements
- Expert knowledge of key analytics tools and the ability to set up advanced tracking/reporting mechanisms and capture key metrics
- Monitor and Analyse web related data “across the board” and analyse key metrics
- Understand how different elements of web strategy relate to, and complement, each other (e.g. organic seo, social media PPC) and create metrics to monitor/measure this
- Real-time, Daily and weekly campaign performance reporting. Presentation of key data and conclusions to management